Hobart & William Smith Colleges Elliot Field & Field House
Iversen Construction Corp. was selected by Hobart and William Smith Colleges in Geneva, NY to replace their inadequate bleachers and press box overlooking a new “FieldTurf” surface at their Bosewell Field, and to renovate the Elliott Field House for their football, lacrosse and field hockey teams. Notice to proceed was given following completion of the fall sports season with construction start in early December.
Iversen Construction’s responsibilities for the project included providing for:
- Removal of the existing bleachers, press box and supporting structures.
- Recycling of steel framing and wood bench material.
- Placement of driven piles for new bleacher foundations.
- Construction of new bleachers and press box over existing field house to new 60’ height.
- Elevator access to press box.
- Masonry construction and new brick veneer, completed through the winter.
- Building addition, which doubled the size of the existing facilities consisting of new locker rooms, showers, toilet rooms and offices.
- Provision of new solid oak locker booths.
- Complete replacement of mechanical, electrical, fire protection and plumbing systems.
- New scoreboard and field lighting.
- State of the art communication and media broadcasting abilities.
- Renovated Gate House and new secondary ticket booth building.
- Close coordination with the colleges’ development office to implement donor sponsored change requests.
- Completion on schedule for the start of fall team practices and scheduled opening.